WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU FEEL AT HOME WITH NATURE...
One of the best ways to connect with nature is by going camping in it.
In our busy modern lives, getting into camping or getting organised for camping can feel like a big task with a fair bit of hassle.
The thing that gets us excited at GRABmeGEAR, is looking for ways to solve this problem and reduce the hassle factor; we’re a little weird like that and love it! :0)
We reckon if we can help you reduce the hassle factor, the more likely you are to get out there and give it a go! We’d rather see more people easily getting ‘outdoors’ than staying indoors, so we’re constantly looking for ways to make it easier.
We’re an Australian self-funded, family owned and operated small business with a clear vision. So with your support, we’ll keep building practical, time saving, quality solutions you can comfortably use in the bush.
We are passionate about making it easy and as equally passionate about getting outdoors ethically, so we aim to make our gear as sustainable as possible. We'll strive to keep tweaking every impact we have so you can be comfortable you’ll get out there easily and ethically.
Your feedback really helps, so please get in touch with ideas from your experiences, they make all the difference. It helps us produce gear that gets used regularly for years and years because it meets your needs.
Why choose GRABmeGEAR?
We find that things do not stay unique for long, so if your looking for a bit of gear and a number of people offer it, how do you decide?
Our advice is to choose an enterprise that aligns with your values and behaves in a way that reflects you. Are they aiming to do something more than just sell stuff for money? Are they concerned about quality, material choice, ethical labour, whole-of-life responsibility etc? Is that important to you? Do you just want the cheapest or are you willing to invest in the greater good?
Everyone is different and that is why there are so many brands, to cater for different needs. Below is a bit more detail on what we believe and if this resonates, please join the family. If not, we may not be for you and that’s OK.
At GRABmeGEAR we have a strong purpose and vision that goes beyond our physical products. It’s the thing that pushes us forward and ignites the energy to keep going when things get tough; it keeps us curious! We have a long way to go to meet these aspirations and we’re going for it! :0)
If you want to know a bit more, check out the below.
If you’ve heard enough, please browse our store and see if there is something that will help you on that next adventure.
Thanks & enjoy
OUR BUSINESS PURPOSE
Natural Congruence - We are in the business of helping to preserve the natural world and the role humans play in it.
We’ll live this by creating a sustainable business enterprise that can invest back into community projects and make an impact.
We believe the impact humans have had in the natural world can be healed if we all work together and do our bit. We’re conscious that if the natural world cannot be preserved, an artificial one will be created; it has begun and we think that’s not cool. We are big fans of the social enterprise model and keen see if we can make it work to help keep the natural world thriving.
For everyone on the planet to feel ‘at home’ in the great outdoors…
We believe you find yourself by creating the life you want and when you master the survival needs of each outdoor adventure, you gain the inner freedom to boldly make independent choices (autonomy) about other areas of your life.”
We want to help free people up to make choices that feel good to the soul and spark fun along the way!
To help people get outdoors easily & ethically...
FREEDOM - to express self and explore
AUTONOMY - to be self sufficient
MASTERY - to feel confident enough to share
I’m gonna GRABmeGEAR & Go!
OUR SOCIAL PURPOSE
One Planet, One People - to help humans re-discover their sense of stewardship in the natural world by learning from Indigenous Cultures, nature itself and ourselves. Indigenous cultures managed to live in harmony as part of nature for 1000’s of years, maybe we can learn something from that.
We believe there are traditional solutions 4A modern future; many of our current problems are not new and have been solved before, maybe we have just lost sight and need to look back a little.
We believe other parts of nature have developed their own solutions we can learn from and take inspiration from people like David Attenborough.
We believe that in order to learn from the past, you first must understand it. We, personally, have a fair way to go to here and look forward to partnering with others to build our collective wisdom.
We believe long-term sustainability of this natural world can be achieved by bringing together a cohesive mix of traditional and modern ways to live.
OUR SOCIAL IMPACT FOCUS AREA ASPIRATIONS
1. Ecological Preservation - sustaining life on this planet.
2. Regenerative and Simple Living - giving back more than we take for future generations + materials for the future.
3. Indigenous Archaeological Research - understanding, documenting and recognising the way First Nations people lived traditionally, in Australia, so we can make informed decisions on our collective future.
OUR CURRENT SOCIAL IMPACT:
1. ECOLOGICAL PRESERVATION
Outback Clean Ups Australia (OCA)
- We’re proud to support Outback Cleanups Australia (OCA) with gear and donations towards the inspiring work they do to keep Australian clean of plasti.
- check out their Go Fund Me page.
- check out their website and Instagram.
Compostable Packaging + Eco Stationery
- Where ever we can, we are removing plastic from our supply chain and using eco options. This is more expensive and time consuming yet we believe it is important so in time, the choice is easy for others to move over with economies of scale. Some examples of the choices we make are:
- Compostable packing tape + 100% recycled copy paper.
- Metal ink pen cases with recyclable ink catridges.
- Re-use picking slips to print on both sides before recycling.
- All soft plastics aquired are bagged then taken to recycling.
- Carboard boxes stored then taken to recycling, etc.
- We'll continue to find little ways to make big difference in the long term.
Product Material Choices
- Where we can, we are aiming for the most eco friendly material choices available. As we learn more and have greater access to better materials we'll go back and apply them across our exisiting ranges.
2. REGENERATIVE & SIMPLE LIVING
- We’re proud to support the Savory Institute with monthly donations towards the direct regeneration of land.
- this support contributes to a 100 acres of land being regenerated annually, plus the education of 1000's across the world.
- to learn more and join up check out their website - click here
- Land to Market Australia is a Savory Hub and part of a global network - click here
- Part of the Australian alliance is Mullon Institute - click here
- We have joined the Beer Farm, 'Farm Club' in support of a brewer/caterer that is conscious of the full product lifecycle and pioneering industry sustainability.
3. INDIGENOUS ARCHAEOLOGICAL RESEARCH
Living in Australia
- We're building a network of resources for learning how to survive & thrive through Connection To Country.
- We’re proud to support the following organisations / movements that give First Nation people a larger voice so we can hear, understand and learn from it:
- Danjoo Koorliny - click here - @danjoo_koorliny (Instagram)
- Create Ranger Parks WA - click here
- please read, Dark Emu, Bruce Pascoe
In time, Social Enterprise projects will be managed under the banner 'F.O.O.D 4 Thought Australia' (Fresh Outlook On Development).
OTHER INFLUENCES - MOVEMENTS & RESOURCES WE BELIVE IN
Electric Vehicles - Jaunt Motors
Life On Our Planet - David Attenborough
Native Australian Food:
Aboriginal Tourism & Rewilding Experiences
Last Revised: 8 February 2021.
Continually evolving as we learn more…