OVERLANDING FOLDING KNIFE - KA-BAR COYPU
To us, this folding knife is the perfect design for vehicle based travel. If you're not into knives or feel you don't need one but want one just in case, this is the knife.
It is primarily designed to be a rescue knife yet has a suprisingly large and functional blade for general camp use. While it is an American design we feel it is well suited to Australian road travel and robust enough to be a working tool. How this will be practically used is well thought out in the design.
To us, this is a knife you always keep in the vehicle, knowing it's there provides some peace of mind you can help yourself, a passenger or another vehicle when needed. You may not use it much, but when you do, you'll be glad it was there. If you regularly use / carry a knife you'll be pleasantly suprised that there are a number of features you'll enjoy as a GP camp knife.
- Window breaker as a pomel (allows you to crack your windscreen or passenger window in an emergency).
- Seat belt cutter (cut yourself or someone else out of a jammed mechanism common in crashes / rollovers). Also handy for quick cutting of string, fishing line and rope.
- Large 3.5" or 9cm versatile blade.
- Silky smooth bearing for easy one handed open and closing.
- Feels good in the hand with well designed ergonimcs from various hold positions.
- Secure grip for safe use.
- Built in & removable pocket clip.
- World renowed KA-BAR build quality.
See the 'Specifications' tab for technical details.
Jimmy's Tip: Have one in each vehicle you own and know where it is. Check your local laws for legal knife carry requirements.