CRAFTED GEAR RANGE
GEAR MATE 57 - QUICK RECOVERY TRACKS BAG
Dimensions = 1430 x 380 x 160 mm*
- *Designed to fit 4 x Maxtrax or Tred's.
- Strap channels on bottom or top of bag to for different rack types.
- Channels allow you to develop a fixing system that works best for you.
- Double layer of canvas on bottom with 4mm marine carpet inbetween. To help buffer tracks bouncing on tracks and dapamaging bag, rack or other gear.
- Heavy Duty 15oz Australian Army Spec Bradmill canvas - green
- Quick release 50mm metal buckle with seat belt webbing.
- Easy to remove bag and store when back home.
- Optional - 2 x 2m seat belt webbing straps + quick release buckles can be supplied for bottom channels (suits vertical slat racks).
- Ability to remove / replace tracks easily when needed fast.
- Canvas take the hit of UV from sun to prolong life of tracks.
- Better stealth / concealment of tracks of roof to reduce theft or increase vehicle appearance.
- Save fuel & weight by only carrying when needed.
- Keep all the dirt/mud/sand in the bag and simple hose out when home, save your paint.
The GEAR MATE 57 - QUICK RECOVERY TRACKS BAG was born from wanting a solution to store recover tracks that was both portable & allowed easy access to the tracks when you need them.
We wanted to create something that stayed in place to house the tracks on the road yet be easily removed for home. The bag idea grew from there and we are on prototype v3.0.
We have been noticing 4 things with recovery tracks:
1. They are becoming more abundant with more options available.
2. They are brightly coloured and designed to stand out so you can find in the sand/mud - the bag helps conceal them so people may not notice you have them.
3. They are having shorter lives than required & failing when needed due to constant exposure to the suns powerful UV rays (kills gear quickly) & cheaper materials being used with less R&D.
4. If they are key/code locked in place, people are reluctant to use them, defeating the purpose of having them. This bag is designed to be easily removed and portable so it does not live on your roof or can be moved from car to trailer or canopy or boat or mates etc...
At GRABmeGEAR we love creating solutions to your problems and so the bag idea has developed over the last 18 months.
THE ORDER PROCESS
Currently this bag is only made on order as it is still in development. While we feel this latest version is the end product, there are a number of steps to go before it becomes regular stock. So for people keen to get in early they are available as a home made, custom order. When you purchase via the website, the order will then be placed with the Maker and delivered when ready. So there will be a small time to wait from order to delivery.
The bag is custom made by a local craftsman, Fred, from his home, who has been in the camping industry for over 35 years.
These are made one at a time so they are a top shelf item; just like a good whisky or rum. Reliability of stock will vary as Fred fits it into his retirement plans, why not!
Fred's work uses traditional folded and sewn seams plus solid 15oz canvas. The seams are double or tripple stitched and stress points tacked for additional strength. These bags are made to last and are a joy to use!
They look and feel great, old school craftsmanship and a big thank you to Fred for offering the opportunity to partner with him.
Jimmy's Tip: We use the simple rubber straps with hooks on each end to feed through the tops channels and attached to our mesh rack. You can use ratched straps, rope or the custom seat belt webbing quick release straps. Up to you and what you are comfortable with. Also, like any canvas product, when you first recieve it, give it a good soak a few times to help water resitance and dry in the shade.