CRAFTED GEAR RANGE
GEAR MATE 56 - 4FT FOLDING TABLE BAG
Dimensions = 620H x 620W x 80D mm*
- *Designed to fit the standard 4FT plastic moulded folding tables from Bunnings, Officeworks etc..
- Strap channels on bottom or top of bag to for different rack types.
- Channels allow you to develop a fixing system that works best for you.
- Heavy Duty 15oz Australian Army Spec Bradmill canvas - green
- Large YKK zips
- Easy to remove bag and store when back home.
- Ability to remove / replace table easily from roof rack.
- Canvas take the hit of UV from sun to prolong life of table.
- Better stealth / concealment of table on roof to reduce theft or increase vehicle appearance.
- Save fuel & weight by only carrying when needed (detach when not in use).
- Keep the dust & dirt/mud/sand you pick up in your travels off the table. Pull up & pull out a nice clean table, ready to use.
The GEAR MATE 56 - 4FT FOLDING TABLE BAG was born from need to store the table somewhere, preferably on the roof rack.
We also wanted to create something that stayed in place to house the table for easy access on the road yet be easily removed for home. The bag idea grew from there and this is v2.0. A 6FT version is also available.
At GRABmeGEAR we love creating solutions to your problems and so the bag idea has developed over the last 18 months (current pictures are of original bag, quickly done to get online at customers request).
The bag is custom made by a local craftsman, Fred, from his home, who has been in the camping industry for over 35 years.
These are made one at a time so they are a top shelf item; just like a good whisky or rum. Reliability of stock will vary as Fred fits it into his retirement plans, why not!
Fred's work uses traditional folded and sewn seams plus solid 15oz canvas. The seams are double or tripple stitched and stress points tacked for additional strength. These bags are made to last and are a joy to use!
They look and feel great, old school craftsmanship and a big thank you to Fred for offering the opportunity to partner with him.
Jimmy's Tip: We use the simple rubber straps with hooks on each end to feed through the tops channels and attached to our mesh rack. You can use ratched straps, rope or the custom seat belt webbing quick release straps. Up to you and what you are comfortable with. Also, like any canvas product, when you first recieve it, give it a good soak a few times to help condition the canvas (dry in the shade). Water will come through the zip in heavy rain.