CRAFTED GEAR RANGE
GEAR MATE 40 - FIREWOOD BAG
Dimensions = 950H x 580W x 200D mm (bellows out for more internal space).
- Fits around 1.5 bags of Bunnings firewood or kindling.
- Tie down channel sewn in to secure load.
- Channels allow you to develop a fixing system that works best for you.
- Strong carry handles to easily & safely move bag around, bend the knees!
- Heavy Duty 15oz Australian Army Spec Bradmill canvas - green
- Quick release 50mm metal buckle with seat belt webbing.
- Optional - Add a 2m Quick Fix Strap if you need a tie down solution; good for vertical slat roof racks. Rubber straps with hooks from Bunnings good for mesh racks.
- Ability to store an awkward item either in the vehicle or attached on roof rack/trailer. Saves a mess in the vehicle.
- You have somewhere to store left over wood for the next trip (once store bought bags are open, they are open!).
- If using wood supplied in plastic type sack, wood can be tipped into canavs bag before heading away. Plastic sack can be disposed of at home.
- Saves mess & rubbish from plastic sacks ending up in the bush.
- Use wood supplies from home and just top up the bag as needed (can even use to transport from shed to inside).
- With a dedicated bag you can forage for wood & collect on the go.
- Feel good factor of using a quality handmade canvas product.
The bag is custom made by a local craftsman, Fred, from his home, who has been in the camping industry for over 35 years.
These are made in small batches (3-5) so they are a top shelf item; just like a good whisky or rum. Reliability of stock will vary as Fred fits it into his retirement plans, why not!
Fred's work uses traditional folded and sewn seams plus solid 15oz canvas. The seams are double or triple stitched and stress points tacked for additional strength. These bags are made to last and are a joy to use!
They look and feel great, old school craftsmanship and a big thank you to Fred for offering the opportunity to partner with him.
Jimmy's Tip: We use the simple rubber straps with hooks on each end to feed through the tops channels and attached to our mesh rack. You can use ratchet straps, rope or the custom seat belt webbing quick release straps. Up to you and what you are comfortable with. Also, like any canvas product, when you first receive it, give it a good soak a few times to help water resistance and dry in the shade. The bag is for storing firewood which has naturally sharp edges. If transported on roof/trailer, it is likely that small holes may occur. While canvas is water resistant, cannot guarantee it is waterproof, given the purpose it is for.