GEAR MATE 26 - WHEEL BIN BAG - PREMIUM EXPEDITION SPEC - BLACK
Keep your rubbish or gear contained...
Built to last and heavy on features...
Very good quality in a big understatment.By: Thomas Tichy on13 October 2022MMuch better quality than previously owned spare wheel bin bags. The unit molds easily over my spare wheel mounted high lift jack and does not move under the most extreme corrugation. The internal PVC liner is well complimented with the bottom zipper for easy removal. Large extra storage pocket is a great idea and used for anything from dirty tea towels to dirty gloves and muddy snatch-em straps. And finally, made in Australia. Love your work team GrabmeGear.Read more(5)
Very good quality bagBy: Holly-Anne on4 November 2021MAwesome bag, so sturdy and well made. Strong metal clips and a pvc insert is a great idea. Such great quality and looks great tooRead more(5)
WowBy: Wade on1 June 2021MThis wheel bin bag oozes quality. Love the waterproof zips. It's an apsoloot work of art, so its a bit of a shame that its going to end up dusty and grotty. And great service from Grab me Gear.Read more(5)
GEAR MATE 26 - WHEEL BIN BAG - PREMIUM EXPEDITION SPEC - BLACK (v3.2)
BAG SIZE = 380W x 550H x 240D mm (approx.) - 50.16 Litres
FRONT POCKET = 360W x 360H x 60D mm (approx.) - 7.8 Litres
TYRE SIZE = up to approx. 38".
When you're travelling you need somewhere to store your rubbish. Next you need to store it so it is easy and practical to manage; that is where a well designed, good quality bin bag comes in. There are many designs at different qualities out there; this one is made to last and made to be used regularly; with proudly Australian Made materials and craftsmanship.
We are pumped to offer you our upgraded Wheel Bin Bag v3.2!
We believe this is one of the most premium Australian Made products on the market in terms of craftsmanship and materials. This is where form and function meet and is a sign of things to come from GRABmeGEAR. Who says everyday outdoor gear can't also be pieces of outdoor art! You put a lot of time an effort into building your rig, so why not complement it with tough, practical accessories that also have style & atheistic appeal... designed on purpose.
We have listened to our customers feedback and made 8 changes to this bag on the previous v2.0. If you're like us and love to hear the details and story behind product innovation please check out the 'Features' section for the highlights.
What we love about this bag
- Extra 60mm front pocket to separate recovery straps, rubbish or wet gear
- Bright yellow PVC removable insert for easy empty & visibility
- Heavy-duty 680gsm PVC liner - truck tarp grade
- Bin Liner can be used away from vehicle so main bag can stay attached
- 3 x D-rings to surecure bag to vehicle, use as purchase point to open zip or tie down light gear - somewhere to hang your gloves, water bottle or jacket at camp
- Drainage hole in bottom the liner to wick moisture (open bottom flap to drain main chamber if needed)
- Storm flap to help protect zip teeth from dust and reduce moisture in the bag from rain
- Yellow stitching highlights throughout bag to create something special
- Lockable zippers for lid and bottom
- 3 x anchor straps
- UV stabilised polypropylene straps to reduce sun fade - Australian Made in Victoria
- 3 x heavy-duty GMG branded quick release metal buckles - look awesome!
- Strap keepers to fasten & secure excess straps
- One-size-fits-all up to approx 38" tyres
- Compatible with existing wheel covers
- 15oz Dfab Black Plain Weave Canvas - Australian Made in Victoria
- Repairable (reasonable wear & tear)
- Made in Australia - Rockingham, Western Australia
We trust you will enjoy using this bag as much as we do and like always, if you have any ideas for improvements please let us know, we love it!
1 - When fitting the bag we recommend criss-crossing the side straps behind the wheel for a secure fit. Take the left strap and connect it to the bottom right buckle and take the right strap and connect to the bottom left buckle. The middle strap is a choker style strap; wrap it around the wheel anchor then pass the buckle through the loop and pull tight, this holds the main weight of the bag; the side straps keep it straight on the wheel.
2 - If you're remote, consider burning your rubbish to reduce your load and ongoing environmental impact. Most regional centres do not recycle, it goes straight to landfill, so worth considering the trade offs. If you're not sure about that, read this article by Adventure Curated - click here
3 - To wash out the bag please use a gentle garden hose and not a high pressure hose. A light hose over should be enough and allow to dry in shade. High pressure strips the properties of the canvas and can damage other component materials.
- Some pictures of the bag may be different to the current model available. Design changes regularly occur based on feedback & performance.
- Overseas customers - please check the import duties for your country. You may receive additional shipping / Government charges on arrival which will be your responsibility.
WHAT'S THE STORY WITH THE CHANGES?
At GRABmeGEAR we are a little obsessed with continual improvement so gear is an enabler to people getting out and enjoying nature; secure in the knowledge they have everything they need just to relax and soak it up. Saving the mental space to learn something about the place they are in.
We've listened to feedback and made observations of the gear in use, to make key improvements in v3.0 from v2.0. We have also made early changes to v3.0 based on feedback and the current model is now v3.2.
1. Addition of a single deep front pocket - this larger storage area with a drain hole allows for larger items to be stored seperately to the main chamber. It will fit 2 standard recovery straps + shackles + blanket for quick & easy access. Also handy for placing wet gear to drain & dry. If you want to seperate recyclables or soft plastics that can be done. Or it can be used for whatever you need handy, be it fire lighting gear, sunscreen, tackle box etc. loads of options depending how you travel.
2. Bag Liner - to be honest we have been a bit anti-liner for sometime. Our preference was for people to use the canvas for what it was designed for and not use a plastic bag inside, just wash it out when done. What we missed is that this is not always a practical solution. You are not always next to your vehicle when you need somewhere to put your rubbish (like National Parks) and your vehicle can not always get close enough to a bin to dump through the bottom zip. So a liner has been added that you can easily remove, use and return without needing a single use plastic bag inside or aother bag to do the job. While PVC is not our preference as a material, it is a good, tuff long term alternative to single use plastic. We'll see what else we can come up with that does the same job over time, suggestions, welcome! Being bright yellow also helps you see what is inside and helps to make sure it is not left behind. It looks pretty cool matching the yellow stitching too...
3. For the Bin Bags, we have moved to Australian Made Dfab canvas which is made in Melbourne, Victoria. Dfab are an innovative company that are aiming to produce a 100% Australian Made canvas. At present, all Australian Made canvas is made from an imported 'loom state' cotton fabric. It is then impregnated by Australian Manufactuers to their unique specifications for our conditions. We love the quality feel of this canvas that improves with age.
4. UV stabilised Polypropylene Webbing straps. Previously we had been using Seat Belt style webbing and noticed that is turns white from the sun within 6-12 months of constant exposure. The strength is still there it just looks worn. We've been wanting to find a better solution for sometime and this is the next best step. At the end of the day, the Australian sun and synthetics do not play well for long periods of time so some fade is to be expected. Seat Belt webbing is weaved then dyed so the dye can leach faster. With Polypropylene the strands are already dyed black plus UV stabilised then woven so leaching is significantly reduced and looks significantly increased.
5. Storm flap to protect the binding from sun fade and zip from dust / moisture. We just noticed the standard binding used faded white, like the seat belt webbing and did not look as good. While we had no specific complaints yet we wanted a solution to extend the working life and appearance. The first v3.0's had premium sleeved zippers and we found a standard zipper meets and may even exceed the performance in certain environments so have returned to the standard along with a storm flap in v3.2. They are not waterproof, so some moisture may get in from driving rain; that is OK as it will drain out via the bottom eyelett.
6. Addition of 3 D-rings. There are a few reasons for this; people want to be able to secure the bag to the vehicle to prevent theft so a wire cable can be run through the D-ring and attached to the wheel. The D-ring can be used for grip if needing purchase to move the zip. They provide more storage options, particularly for extended remote travel - shock cord can be run through to secure light gear on the lid, gloves, jackets, water bottles, lights etc. can be hung when parked up for easy access. We're keen to see what people come up with so please send pics in... :0)
7. We have removed the eyelets in the base of the main chamber and the front pocket so they are as sealed from dust as possible. Removes the chance of dust entering via the eyelet and moisture can be easily drained by opening the bottom flap.
8. At GRABmeGEAR we love gear to have a high level of style to match a high level of functionality. So we have gone all out with the yellow stiching throughout the bag. This is offset so well against with black canvas and is complemented with the yellow liner. We love how it looks! It's OK to hug a Bin Bag, isn't it?
Overall we wanted something that was both a joy to use and a joy to look at. We feel you should feel good each time you use a piece of crafted gear, something that does the job and puts a smile on the face at the same time! :0)
This is a premium bag with a goal to retaining quality, craftsmanship and manufacturing in Australia. Producing a bag of this quality locally is a challenging feat that comes with some additional costs as it is still done by a person with their hands. It can be made cheaper in higher volumes with machinery we do not have available and different materials. So when you purchase a premium product like this, you are also helping to keep small batch manufacturing and skills transfer alive. We'd love to see local, small scale manufacturing move beyond survive to thrive through innovative use of design and materials to meet future challenges that we can share with the world. This is a small step towards that goal.
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Very good quality in a big understatment.By: Thomas Tichy on 13 October 2022Much better quality than previously owned spare wheel bin bags. The unit molds easily over my spare wheel mounted high lift jack and does not move under the most extreme corrugation. The internal PVC liner is well complimented with the bottom zipper for easy removal. Large extra storage pocket is a great idea and used for anything from dirty tea towels to dirty gloves and muddy snatch-em straps. And finally, made in Australia. Love your work team GrabmeGear.
Very good quality bagBy: Holly-Anne on 4 November 2021Awesome bag, so sturdy and well made. Strong metal clips and a pvc insert is a great idea. Such great quality and looks great too
WowBy: Wade on 1 June 2021This wheel bin bag oozes quality. Love the waterproof zips. It's an apsoloot work of art, so its a bit of a shame that its going to end up dusty and grotty. And great service from Grab me Gear.